From the 2020 National Examination Application Examination, it can be seen that the test pays more attention to the ability to solve problems, pays attention to the test of the actual work ability of the candidates, and is closer to the actual work of the institution. The proportion of practical examinations has increased. With a certain direction, candidates should focus on developing practical writing skills. In order for candidates to have a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of various types of practical writing, experts in public education have detailed descriptions of various types of practical writing. This article is about letters.
I. The meaning and characteristics of the letter
It applies to negotiating work, asking and answering questions, requesting approval, and responding to examination and approval matters between different affiliated agencies.
(I) Equality and communication
The letter plays a communication role in negotiating work, asking and answering questions between different affiliated agencies, fully showing the function of parallel languages, which is a feature that other official documents do not have. Even when requesting approval from the relevant competent authority, when the two parties are not affiliated, the request and approval cannot be used. Only letters can be used, and the attitude, wording, and tone are very different from the request and approval. They must also reflect equality and equality. Communicative characteristics.
It is manifested in two aspects: First, the writing relationship is flexible. The letter is a parallel document, but in addition to parallel writing, it can also be written upward or downward, without the strict restrictions on special writing relations as in other languages. Second, the format is flexible. Except for the main letters of the high-level state organs, which must be written in accordance with the format and writing requirements of official documents, other general letters are more flexible and convenient, and can also be processed in accordance with the format and writing requirements of official documents. There can be a front page, no front page, no text number, and even no title.
The main content of a letter should have a single character, and a letter should only write one item.
Mixed use of notices and letters: The difference between notices and letters is that the notice is limited to the use of notices by higher authorities to the subordinate institutions to which they belong (not administratively affiliated, and there can also be notices in terms of leadership and guidance in business). Used between affiliated units. Therefore, the notice as the downline is "informative", while the letter is a parallel, more about inquiry and negotiation, and the relationship between the two should not be confused. If you send a notice to a unit that is not affiliated, and misuse the language of the superior to the subordinate to inform the task, then it is beyond your own authority to be a rude act; if you send the letter to the subordinate unit, you misuse the brother unit The negotiating language tells the task that it is giving up its authority. Only through clear textual relations can notifications and letters work properly.
Second, the basic type of letter
Letters can be classified from different perspectives:
(1) According to the nature, it can be divided into two types: official letters and memos. Official letters are used for official business activities of government agencies; note letters are used for daily affairs. The memo does not belong to the official document, there is no official document format requirement, and it is not even necessary to have a title and a letter number. You only need to put the name of the institution, the time of writing, and the official seal on the tail.
(2) According to the purpose of issuing the letter, the letter can be divided into two types: letter sending and reply letter. The letter was issued on the initiative to submit a letter issued on official matters. The reply is a letter sent in response to the other party.
(3) According to the content and purpose, it can be divided into negotiation letter, notice letter, reminder letter, invitation letter, request reply letter, transfer letter, reminder letter, letter of submission and so on.
Writing the letter
The official letter consists of three parts: the head, the body, and the tail. The format, content and writing requirements of each part are as follows:
1. Title and sending agency
It mainly includes two items: title and sending agency.
(1) Title. The title of the official letter generally has two forms. One is composed of the name of the issuing organization, the subject matter, and the language. The other is composed of cause and language.
(2) The main delivery agency. That is, the organization unit that receives the document and handles the letter of communication, writes the full name or standardized short name at the top of the text, followed by a colon.
Its structure generally consists of three parts: the beginning, the subject, and the conclusion.
(1) The beginning. Mainly explain the reason for sending the letter. The general requirements summarize the purpose, basis, reason, etc. of the letter, and then use the following transitional phrases such as "the relevant issues are now explained:" or "the relevant matters are now rewritten as follows:". The reason part of the reply is generally quoted first, the title of the communication, the letter number, and then explain the basis to explain the reason for the post.
(2) The subject. This is the core content of the letter and mainly describes the letter. The content of the letter's part of the letter is single. Whether it is negotiating work, asking and answering questions, or requesting approval from relevant authorities, the questions and opinions that need to be told to each other must be clearly stated in a concise and decent language. If it is a reply, pay attention to the pertinence and clarity of the reply.
(3) Concluding remarks
Usually, different conclusions should be chosen based on the matters of correspondence, notice, correspondence or reply. Such as "the letter hereby (quote)", "please reply", "the letter is hereby", "the letter is hereby reply" and so on.
3. Ending paragraph
Generally, it includes both the signature and the time of writing.
The name of the signed agency unit shall indicate the year, month, and date of the written time; and shall bear the official seal.
Disclaimer: The test questions provided by this site are all provided by netizens or collected by the Internet. They are edited by this site and are for personal research, communication and study use only, and do not involve commercial profit. If it involves copyright issues, please contact the administrator of this site to change or delete it.